Matala UV-C Clarifiers are designed for Koi ponds and water gardens to help suppress blooms of suspended green algae, harmful bacteria, parasites, fungi, protozoan and viruses.
Even in a balanced pond ecosystem, sudden blooms of such organisms can occur due to abnormal changes of weather, fish feeding behavior, mineral nutrient levels, etc. These blooms may result in green water, lethal oxygen levels or weakened health conditions for fish and aquatic plants.
* Suppress blooms of suspended green algae, harmful bacteria, parasites, fungi, protozoan and viruses
* High quality quartz sleeves allow transmission of over 95% of the UV light.
* Easy installation with stepped hose tails supporting 1". 1¼ ", and 1½" tubing.
* Provided with inner thread of 1¼" and an outer thread of 1½"
* Uses PLS type UV bulbs
* Translucent hose tails provide blue light monitoring
* Entire device is UV resistant
* Includes 15' power cord with in line transformer